Wednesday, June 25, 2008

catch 22

So i sit here and think ... really, what is the point of a relationship? I mean, basically, you just live with another person, and do things at the same time, such as eat, watch tv, shop, etc. Sure, there's that whole love thing, but really, break it down to the most simple concept ..... you share a space with another human being.

I'm not so sure I really require that in my life.

Because with that space sharing comes feeling like you have to entertain somebody, like you can't just sit around and do what you did before they got there. There is now another person in your space, changing up your routine, the food you buy, the places you go.

There are times when it would be nice to have another adult to talk to ..... but to open my space, and give regular attention to another person? Hmm, i just don't know. It seems like an awful lot of work, and time, and energy just for the end result to be that you share a space for the rest of your life. I mean, i'm done having children, i've already done the marriage AND divorce thing, maybe i'm just over it all? Call me cynical but it just seems like a big cat and mouse game.

The only thing that makes a relationship different than say, living with my brother, is sex. And quite frankly, i can more than live without that due to all the other crap that goes along with it.

No comments: